Myriam Glavash, DMD
Myriam Glavash, DMD
Dr. Glavash is a board-certified pediatric dentist and has been practicing dentistry for nearly a decade. She has extensive experience mentoring and advising applicants to dental school and other health professions programs.
Dr. Glavash is a proud alumnus of the University of Florida (go Gators!). Upon completion of dental school, she completed an advanced education in general dentistry and a two-year residency in pediatric dentistry.
She has worked alongside admission committees in the interviewing process. Dr. Glavash has provided pre-professional students step-by-step guidance with a tailored strategic plan and successfully advised pre-health and non-traditional applicants on admission to dental school. She has experience with prerequisite coursework planning, volunteer and clinical experience recommendations, application review, mock interview preparation, personal statement drafting, and editing.
While completing her pediatric residency at Nova Southeastern University, she completed extensive training in behavioral management including advanced behavioral management techniques, including oral sedation and general anesthesia. She has also worked and trained extensively with children diagnosed with special needs.
She excelled in her post-doctoral program and was the 2021 recipient of the STUEY award (Student Life Achievement Award) in academic excellence among other attributes.
Dr. Glavash ran her own pre-dental mentorship program for 5 years, taking on serious candidates by assisting them obtaining admittance to dental schools. Having been a part of several mentoring organizations, she has helped candidates from a multitude of backgrounds with deciding on suitable programs, application submission, and mock interviews.
Contact Dr. Glavash
- Board-certified pediatric dentist by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Extensive mentoring and advising experience, including running her own pre-dental mentorship program for 5 years, assisting applicants with admittance to dental schools. She has helped candidates from a multitude of backgrounds with mock interviews, deciding on suitable programs and application submission.
- Frequent guest speaker at professional organization meetings and community organizations throughout the country.
- Extensive community service, including mentorship, volunteering at clinics, and participating in diversity in dentistry programs.
- Originated and developed the NSU Pre-Dental Shadowing program.
- Currently serves on South Plains District Dental Society as the Public Health and Outreach Chairperson.
- Currently serves on the American Dental Association Strategic Affairs Committee for the South Plains District Dental Society.
- Dr. Glavash has ten years of experience practicing dentistry, most recently at the largest private pediatric dental facility in Texas.
- She takes pride in providing a fun, interactive, caring, and comfortable experience for her young patients.
- She has completed a couple of mission trips in Guatemala providing dental and medical care to underprivileged communities.
- NSU College of Dentistry Pediatric Dental Residency Program Pediatric Dentistry Certificate
- NYU Lutheran Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program (AEGD) Certificate
- University of Florida College of Dentistry (UFCD) Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
- Nova Southeastern University (NSU) Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Summer Medical and Dental Education Program at Columbia University, NY