Dental School Admissions Consulting
From choosing undergraduate coursework through the final editing of your personal statement, our expert guidance will help you to maximize your chances of admission to dental school. We have advised hundreds of successful applicants over the past fifteen years.
Applicants in all situations have benefited from our advising, including non-traditional applicants, reapplicants, candidates aiming for top-tier schools, and those who are struggling with the application process.
We provide comprehensive dental school admissions consulting including: general guidance on the dental school admissions process; detailed review of your application; thorough editing of your personal statement; and interview coaching and mock interviews.
Here are some details of the areas we offer advising in:
- Planning – Guidance for pre-dental students on prerequisite coursework, extracurricular activities and gaining clinical experience.
- DAT – Advice on when to take the exam and what your score means.
- Strategy – Develop a personalized timeline for applying, explain the application process and provide answers to questions about the application process.
- Schools – Assistance determining the number of schools and specific schools to apply to based on your application.
- Personal statement – Guidance on developing the theme, structure and content of your personal statement. Review of drafts of the statement with feedback on content, style, tone, grammar and syntax.
- Primary Application – Provide help with AADSAS and TMDSAS (Texas dental schools) applications to ensure that they are completed thoroughly and accurately.
Secondary applications – Advice about completing short answer and essay questions.
- Letters of Recommendation – Guidance in selecting letter writers and obtaining letters of recommendation.
- Interview – Discussion of the interview process and preparation for interview day. Practice interviews conducted via phone, video phone using Skype or in person.
- Resume/cv – Provide advice about format and content of your cv. Proofread and provide written feedback for drafts of the cv.
Please call or email anytime for a free 20-minute consultation. There is no obligation, and it will give you an opportunity to see if we are a good fit for you.
Call 626-768-2154 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet our Dental School Admissions Advisors
Carleen Eaton, M.D.
B.S. - UCLA
Dr. Eaton, founder of Prehealthadvising Admissions Consulting, is a graduate of the UCLA School of Medicine and has advised hundreds of successful applicants to medical, dental, veterinary and other health programs. She is also the author of Getting into Medical School for Dummies.
Susan Joan Mauriello, M.D.
M.B.A. - Columbia University
B.A. - U. of Pennsylvania
Dr. Mauriello founded and ran an admissions consulting company for seven years before beginning her studies at Keck. While in med school, Dr. Mauriello interviewed applicants and served as a voting member of the school’s admissions committee.
Cassandra Ciglar, EdD
M.A. - U. of Oklahoma
B.S. - Oklahoma State
Dr. Ciglar has over ten years of experience in higher education and is the former Executive Director of the Office of Prehealth Professions and Advising at Northeastern State University. She has extensive experience advising applicants to medical school and PA programs, as well as dental, veterinary, optometry, and other health programs.
Dental School Blog Posts
Tips on Writing an Effective Personal Statement: Have I got the M.E.A.L. Ticket for You?
You have spent years completing challenging courses prerequisites, volunteering countless hours, and gaining experiences in your desired field of study. Yet, the only thing between you and submitting your admissions application is THE personal statement. Regardless of your health profession
Five Secrets to an Authentic Interview
You put together a fantastic application packet. You spent countless hours studying for the MCAT and achieved a superb score. Your work and experiences demonstrate your dedication to community service, volunteerism, and compassion for caring for others. You toiled months
2023-2024 Dental School Application Timeline (for applicants starting dental school in fall 2024)
The dental school application process takes nearly a full year to complete. Therefore, excellent planning and organization are essential. The dental school application timeline below lists the steps and schedule of the application process to help keep you on track.
Getting Ready to Apply to Dental School for Fall 2016 Entry: Steps to Take Over Winter Break.
If you’re planning to apply to dental school for 2016 entry, winter break is a great time to start tackling some of the items on your “to do” list for the application. Here are a few steps to take: Research
Gaining Dental Experience as a Predental Student
After grades and DAT scores, dental experience is one of the most important areas of the application. Volunteering, working or shadowing in a dental practice allows an applicant to determine if dentistry is truly the right profession and demonstrates to
The Dental School Admissions Interview
After months of writing your personal statement, filling out seemingly endless secondary applications, and waiting to hear from the dental schools, an interview offer is concrete evidence that you have advanced in the admissions process. Exhilaration is often quickly replaced