Physician Assistant (PA) School Admissions Consulting
We provide comprehensive admissions consulting including PA career planning and general guidance on the PA school admissions process; application and personal statement editing; and interview coaching.
We have advised hundreds of successful applicants to medical, dental, and physician assistant school over the past fifteen years.
Some of the areas we advise applicants on:
- Planning – Guidance for pre-P.A. students on prerequisite coursework, extracurricular activities and gaining patient care experience.
- GRE – Advice on when to take the exam and what your score means.
- Strategy – Develop a personalized timeline for applying, explain the application process and provide answers to questions about the application process.
- Schools – Assistance determining the number of P.A. programs and specific P.A. programs to apply to based on your application.
- Personal statement – Guidance on developing the theme, structure and content of your CASPA personal statement. Review of drafts of the statement with feedback on content, style, tone, grammar and syntax.
- Primary Application – Provide help with the CASPA application to ensure that it is completed thoroughly and accurately.
- Secondary application – Advice about completing short answer and essay questions.
- Letters of Recommendation – Guidance in selecting letter writers, obtaining letters and the process of submitting letters.
- Interview – Discussion of the interview process and preparation for interview day. Practice interviews conducted via video conference or in person in the Los Angeles area.
- Resume/cv – Provide advice about format and content of your cv. Proofread and provide written feedback for drafts of the cv.
- Career planning – Guidance for those still deciding among multiple health professions.
Meet our Advisors
Carleen Eaton, M.D.
B.S. - UCLA
Dr. Eaton, founder of Prehealthadvising Admissions Consulting, is a graduate of the UCLA School of Medicine and has advised hundreds of successful applicants to medical, dental, veterinary and other health programs. She is also the author of Getting into Medical School for Dummies.
Susan Joan Mauriello, M.D.
M.B.A. - Columbia University
B.A. - U. of Pennsylvania
Dr. Mauriello founded and ran an admissions consulting company for seven years before beginning her studies at Keck. While in med school, Dr. Mauriello interviewed applicants and served as a voting member of the school’s admissions committee.
Raagini Yedidi, M.D.
B.S. - Wayne State University
Dr. Yedidi served as a student member of the UCSF medical school admissions committee, reviewing applications and interviewing candidates. Using the insights she gained through attaining admission to a top-ranked medical school, Dr. Yedidi has guided other applicants to achieve similar success.
B.A. - Columbia University
Hannah Skolnik is a member of the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2021. Hannah completed her B.A. in Environmental Biology at Columbia University where she worked as a peer mentor, guiding many students to apply successfully to pre-health professions.