Post-Bac Admissions Consulting
Post-baccalaureate programs are intended for two groups of applicants. The first is those applicants who have already graduated from college but do not possess the prerequisite coursework for medical or dental school. The second group consists of students who possess the necessary science coursework but who are seeking to strengthen their academic records prior to applying.
Post-bac programs vary greatly in their structure, cost and focus. We will work with you to help you to find the programs that best suit your needs and to compile a strong application.
Here are some of the areas we offer advising in:
- Strategy – Develop a personalized timeline for applying, explain the application process and provide answers to questions about the application process. Provide help in developing a long term plan for your application to medical or dental school.
- Schools – Assistance determining the type of post-bac program that will fit your background and needs and help you to generate a list of specific schools to which to apply.
- Personal statement – Guidance on developing the theme, structure and content of your personal statement. Review of drafts of the statement with feedback on content, style, tone, grammar and syntax.
- Letters of Recommendation – Guidance in selecting letter writers and obtaining letters of recommendation.
- Resume/cv – Provide advice about format and content of your cv. Proofread and provide written feedback for drafts of the cv.
- Interview – Some programs require an interview for admission. Interview preparation includes a discussion of the interview process and what to expect on interview day as well as a practice interviews conducted via phone, video phone using Skype or in person.
Meet our Post-Bac Admissions Advisors
Carleen Eaton, M.D.
B.S. - UCLA
Dr. Eaton, founder of Prehealthadvising Admissions Consulting, is a graduate of the UCLA School of Medicine and has advised hundreds of successful applicants to medical, dental, veterinary and other health programs. She is also the author of Getting into Medical School for Dummies.
Susan Joan Mauriello, M.D.
M.B.A. - Columbia University
B.A. - U. of Pennsylvania
Dr. Mauriello founded and ran an admissions consulting company for seven years before beginning her studies at Keck. While in med school, Dr. Mauriello interviewed applicants and served as a voting member of the school’s admissions committee.
Cassandra Crawford Ciglar, EdD
M.A. - U. of Oklahoma
B.S. - Oklahoma State
Dr. Crawford Ciglar has over ten years’ experience working in higher education and extensive experience advising applicants on admission to medical school and PA programs, as well as dental, veterinary, optometry, and other health programs.
Hannah Skolnik, D.V.M.
B.A. - Columbia University
Dr. Skolnik is a member of the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2021. She completed her B.A. in Environmental Biology at Columbia University where she worked as a peer mentor, guiding many students to apply successfully to pre-health professions.