Post-Bac Admissions Consulting
Post-baccalaureate programs are intended for two groups of applicants. The first is those applicants who have already graduated from college but do not possess the prerequisite coursework for medical or dental school. The second group consists of students who possess the necessary science coursework but who are seeking to strengthen their academic records prior to applying.
Post-bac programs vary greatly in their structure, cost and focus. We will work with you to help you to find the programs that best suit your needs and to compile a strong application.
Here are some of the areas we offer advising in:
- Strategy – Develop a personalized timeline for applying, explain the application process and provide answers to questions about the application process. Provide help in developing a long term plan for your application to medical or dental school.
- Schools – Assistance determining the type of post-bac program that will fit your background and needs and help you to generate a list of specific schools to which to apply.
- Personal statement – Guidance on developing the theme, structure and content of your personal statement. Review of drafts of the statement with feedback on content, style, tone, grammar and syntax.
- Letters of Recommendation – Guidance in selecting letter writers and obtaining letters of recommendation.
- Resume/cv – Provide advice about format and content of your cv. Proofread and provide written feedback for drafts of the cv.
- Interview – Some programs require an interview for admission. Interview preparation includes a discussion of the interview process and what to expect on interview day as well as a practice interviews conducted via phone, video phone using Skype or in person.
Meet our Advisors
Carleen Eaton, M.D.
B.S. - UCLA
Dr. Eaton, founder of Prehealthadvising Admissions Consulting, is a graduate of the UCLA School of Medicine and has advised hundreds of successful applicants to medical, dental, veterinary and other health programs. She is also the author of Getting into Medical School for Dummies.
Susan Joan Mauriello, M.D.
M.B.A. - Columbia University
B.A. - U. of Pennsylvania
Dr. Mauriello founded and ran an admissions consulting company for seven years before beginning her studies at Keck. While in med school, Dr. Mauriello interviewed applicants and served as a voting member of the school’s admissions committee.
Raagini Yedidi, M.D.
B.S. - Wayne State University
Dr. Yedidi served as a student member of the UCSF medical school admissions committee, reviewing applications and interviewing candidates. Using the insights she gained through attaining admission to a top-ranked medical school, Dr. Yedidi has guided other applicants to achieve similar success.
B.A. - Columbia University
Hannah Skolnik is a member of the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2021. Hannah completed her B.A. in Environmental Biology at Columbia University where she worked as a peer mentor, guiding many students to apply successfully to pre-health professions.