Medical School Admissions Consulting
Some of the areas that our consultants advise applicants on include:
- Planning – Guidance for premedical students on prerequisite coursework, extracurricular activities and gaining clinical experience.
- MCAT – Advice on when to take the exam and what your score means.
- Strategy – Develop a personalized timeline for applying, explain the application process and provide answers to questions about the application process.
- Schools – Assistance determining the number of schools and specific schools to apply to based on your application.
- Personal statement – Guidance on developing the theme, structure and content of your personal statement. Review of drafts of the statement with feedback on content, style, tone, grammar and syntax.
- Primary Application – Provide help with AMCAS (M.D.), ACOMAS (D.O) and/or TMDSAS (Texas medical schools) applications to ensure that they are completed thoroughly and accurately.
- Secondary application – Advice about completing short answer and essay questions.
- Letters of Recommendation – Guidance in selecting letter writers, obtaining letters and the process of submitting letters to M.D. and D.O. schools.
- Interview – Discussion of the interview process and preparation for interview day. Practice interviews conducted via video conference or in person in the Los Angeles area.
- Resume/cv – Provide advice about format and content of your cv. Proofread and provide written feedback for drafts of the cv.
- Career planning – Information on specialties and your medical career.
- International Schools – Assistance applying to Canadian, Caribbean and other medical schools outside the U.S.
Please call or email anytime for a free 20-minute consultation. There is no obligation, and it will give you an opportunity to see if we are a good fit for you.
Call 626-768-2154 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet our Medical School Admission Advisors
Susan Joan Mauriello, M.D.
M.B.A. - Columbia University
B.A. - U. of Pennsylvania
Dr. Mauriello founded and ran an admissions consulting company for seven years before beginning her studies at Keck. While in med school, Dr. Mauriello interviewed applicants and served as a voting member of the school’s admissions committee.
Cassandra Crawford Ciglar, EdD
M.A. - U. of Oklahoma
B.S. - Oklahoma State
Dr. Crawford Ciglar has over ten years’ experience working in higher education and extensive experience advising applicants on admission to medical school and PA programs, as well as dental, veterinary, optometry, and other health programs.
Carleen Eaton, M.D.
B.S. - UCLA
Dr. Eaton, founder of Prehealthadvising Admissions Consulting, is a graduate of the UCLA School of Medicine and has advised hundreds of successful applicants to medical, dental, veterinary and other health programs. She is also the author of Getting into Medical School for Dummies.
Raagini Yedidi, M.D.
B.S. - Wayne State University
Dr. Yedidi served as a student member of the UCSF medical school admissions committee, reviewing applications and interviewing candidates. Using the insights she gained through attaining admission to a top-ranked medical school, Dr. Yedidi has guided other applicants to achieve similar success.
Hannah Skolnik, D.V.M.
B.A. - Columbia University
Dr. Skolnik is a graduate of UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2021 and completed her B.A. in Environmental Biology at Columbia University where she worked as a peer mentor, guiding many students to apply successfully to pre-health professions.
Recent Medical School Blog Posts
2022-2023 Medical School Application Timeline (for applicants planning to start medical school in fall 2023)The medical school application process takes nearly a full year to complete. Therefore, excellent planning and organization are essential. The med school application timeline below lists the steps and schedule of the application process to help keep you on track.Staying on schedule is especially important because most medical schools have...
We welcome the following guest blog post from Eliza Morrison of Tutor the People. Eliza provides good insight into deciding whether to retake the MCAT. ____ By Eliza Morrison, Tutor the People How do you know if your MCAT score is good enough? Are you going to have to retake the MCAT? Retaking...
If you’re planning to apply to medical school during the 2016-2017 admissions cycle, now is a good time to start researching medical schools. It takes time to put together a strategic list, and by beginning early, you’ll have more time to learn about various schools and which ones are the...
Each spring, I'm contacted by applicants who did not receive acceptance to any med schools despite solid GPAs, MCAT scores, and extracurricular activities. The problem often lies with their list of schools. Below are some common pitfalls to avoid as you put together your list of med schools to help ensure...