Susan Joan Mauriello, M.D.
Susan Joan Mauriello, M.D.
Dr. Mauriello is an alumna of the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California. Since graduating medical school, Dr. Mauriello has successfully advised applicants on admission to medical school and residency, as well as dental, veterinary and other health professions programs. Having been a non-traditional medical school applicant, Dr. Mauriello especially enjoys working with clients who are transitioning from other fields, and has extensive experience with post bac program advising.
Prior to medical school, Dr. Mauriello had over a decade of business experience, including as a strategy consultant and entrepreneur. After earning an MBA from Columbia Business School in 2005, Dr. Mauriello founded Apply Ivy Ltd, an admissions consulting company based in Hong Kong, which she ran for seven years before selling the firm to begin her studies at Keck. While in medical school, Dr. Mauriello interviewed applicants to the Keck School of Medicine and served as a voting member of the school’s admissions committee.
Contact Dr. Mauriello
- While at the Keck School of Medicine of USC, served as a member of the admissions committee: evaluated complete medical school applications including essays, recommendation letters, interview reports and academic performance; voted as committee member on appropriateness for acceptance to KSOM.
- Interviewed applicants for the Keck School of Medicine of USC, Columbia Business School and the University of Pennsylvania.
- Before medical school, founded Apply Ivy Ltd., a company specialized in coaching students in Hong Kong and greater China on gaining admission to American colleges, boarding schools and graduate schools, with an emphasis on personalized, dedicated and ethical client service.
- Coached students on selection of best fit colleges or graduate schools, and all aspects of the application process including essays, interview preparation and recommendation letters.
- Advised candidates to top MBA programs on career planning and differentiation of application through unique essays, standout CVs and professional interviews to ensure admission.
- Guided high school students on selection of classes, pursuit of extracurricular activities, and participation in summer programs in order to ensure their readiness for admissions to an American college.
- Conducted dozens of seminars on strategies and tactics for gaining admission to both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Instructor for Introduction to Clinical Medicine class at the Keck School of Medicine of USC, teaching workshops on physical exam skills to first and second year students.
- Worked as a Peer Tutor while a medical student at Keck, both tutoring students individually and creating review presentations to prepare students for systems exams .
- MD from Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California.
- Completed post-baccalaureate pre-medical program at Mills College, with additional coursework at UC Berkeley.
- MBA from Columbia Business School.
- BA in Sociology at University of Pennsylvania; graduated with Honors.