Veterinary School Admissions Consulting
From choosing undergraduate coursework through the final editing of your personal statement, our expert guidance will help you to maximize your chance of admission to veterinary school. We have advised hundreds of successful health professions program applicants over the past thirteen years.
Applicants in all situations have benefited from our advising, including non-traditional applicants, reapplicants, candidates aiming for top-tier schools, and those who are struggling with the application process.
We provide comprehensive veterinary school admissions consulting including: general guidance on the veterinary school admissions process; detailed review of your application; thorough editing of your personal statement; and interview coaching and mock interviews.
We provide comprehensive advising from general guidance on the veterinary school admissions process through detailed review of your application and interview preparation. Following is a detailed list of areas that Dr. Eaton can help with:
- Planning – Guidance for pre-veterinary students on prerequisite coursework, extracurricular activities and gaining clinical experience.
- GRE – Advice on when to take the exam and what your score means.
- Strategy – Develop a personalized timeline for applying, explain the application process and provide answers to questions about the application process.
- Schools – Assistance determining the number of schools and specific schools to apply to based on your application.
- Personal statement – Guidance on developing the theme, structure and content of your personal statement. Review of drafts of the statement with feedback on content, style, tone, grammar and syntax.
- Primary Application – Provide help with VMCAS or TMDSAS (Texas) application to ensure that it is completed thoroughly and accurately.
- Secondary applications – Advice about completing short answer and essay questions.
- Letters of Recommendation – Guidance in selecting letter writers and obtaining letters of recommendation.
- Interview – Discussion of the interview process and preparation for interview day. Practice interviews conducted via phone, video phone using Skype or in person.
- Resume/cv – Provide advice about format and content of your cv. Proofread and provide written feedback for drafts of the cv.
Please call or email anytime for a free 20-minute consultation. There is no obligation, and it will give you an opportunity to see if we are a good fit for you.
Call 626-768-2154 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet our Advisors
Hannah Skolnik, D.V.M.
B.A. - Columbia University
Hannah Skolnik is a graduate of the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine and completed her B.A. in Environmental Biology at Columbia University where she worked as a peer mentor, guiding many students to apply successfully to pre-health professions.
Carleen Eaton, M.D.
B.S. - UCLA
Dr. Eaton, founder of Prehealthadvising Admissions Consulting, is a graduate of the UCLA School of Medicine and has advised hundreds of successful applicants to medical, dental, veterinary and other health programs. She is also the author of Getting into Medical School for Dummies.
Susan Joan Mauriello, M.D.
M.B.A. - Columbia University
B.A. - U. of Pennsylvania
Dr. Mauriello founded and ran an admissions consulting company for seven years before beginning her studies at Keck. While in med school, Dr. Mauriello interviewed applicants and served as a voting member of the school’s admissions committee.
Cassandra Ciglar, EdD
M.A. - U. of Oklahoma
B.S. - Oklahoma State
Dr. Ciglar has over ten years of experience in higher education and is the former Executive Director of the Office of Prehealth Professions and Advising at Northeastern State University. She has extensive experience advising applicants to medical school and PA programs, as well as dental, veterinary, optometry, and other health programs.
Veterinary School Blog Posts
Tips on Writing an Effective Personal Statement: Have I got the M.E.A.L. Ticket for You?
You have spent years completing challenging courses prerequisites, volunteering countless hours, and gaining experiences in your desired field of study. Yet, the only thing between …
Five Secrets to an Authentic Interview
You put together a fantastic application packet. You spent countless hours studying for the MCAT and achieved a superb score. Your work and experiences demonstrate …
2023-2024 Veterinary School Application Timeline (for applicants starting veterinary school in fall 2024)
As you prepare to apply to veterinary school, it’s important to become familiar with the application process and timeline to ensure you submit high-quality application …
Letters of Recommendation for Medical, Dental or Veterinary School Applications
Strong letters of recommendation can be a significant asset to an application, yet this is an aspect of the admissions process that too frequently gets …
Open File versus Closed File Interviews: What’s the Difference?
One of the most significant differences between types of interviews is whether they are open or closed file. In an open file interview, the interviewer …
Making your List of Veterinary Schools
After putting in the hard work to excel in your undergraduate coursework, achieve a stellar score on the GRE and gain hundreds of hours of …
VMCAS Application: Getting Started on the Personal Statement
The deadline for the VMCAS application is October 1; however, you should plan to submit your application as soon as possible. When applicants delay in …