[well]In general, one to three hours will allow for work focused on one area. Five hours is usually enough for a complete primary application, including the personal statement, and to formulate a list of schools. Ten hours will usually cover the primary application, list of schools and multiple secondary applications or interview preparation.
Below are guidelines on specific areas:
- Development of a personalized timeline, analysis of your strengths and weaknesses, and overview of the application process: 1 to 2 hours
- Formulation of List of Schools: 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Personal statement: 2 to 3 hours
- Primary Application (other than personal statement): 1 to 2 hours
- Supplemental Applications: 30 minutes to 1 hour each
- Mock interview via phone or video phone (Skype): 1 to 2 hours
- Face-to-face mock interview: 1 to 2 hours plus travel if needed (contact me for travel rates and policy).